Sunday, June 1, 2008

Allergies

Caleb has also had bouts of very bad skin. I will not share this picture with you though. Poor little man has had hives all over his arms and legs that just come and go and we cannot seem to figure out for sure what is causing them. At first I was thinking peanut butter, but I am not really so sure about that anymore. We had stopped feeding him cereal to try to figure out what it was in my diet and his hives cleared up. We had daycare feed him rice cereal again because it was driving me crazy that he is not sleeping through the night anymore because he is hungry and he broke out in horrible hives again. I was reading on the internet that Gerber Rice cereal’s second most ingredients is soy and that kids can be allergic to it. What the crap? I thought I was buying Rice cereal!!! Not Rice and Soy cereal. I am really hoping that is what it is because I do not like being a detective. We’ll wait another week with only milk and then try some other food. Think we might skip cereal. Though I did find out that Beachnut brand does not put soy in theirs so who knows. If I wait long enough he can just eat real table food and we can skip baby food all together.

We go back to see the Asthma/Allergy specialist in 1 ½ weeks. We’ll see what he says. From what I have read they start doing allergy tests at 6 months and he will be 6 months in 16 days!!!!!!! That’s crazy by the way. The nebulizer treatments that he put him on seem to be doing a good job, but I hate having to rely on them. Hopefully it will get better with summer.

We also spent the weekend at Grandma Clifford's and while we were there he got extremely congested and kept us all up all night coughing and not sleeping well. I am really really hoping he is not already allergic to cats. We are going to give it one more weekend up there to make a real conclusion, but the last time we were up there we had some of the same things happen. I am allergic to cats, but it has gotten much better over the past 5 years visiting Judy. I'd just hate Caleb going through it as well because EVERYONE has a cat.

No comments: