So I have been told by my computer guy that I needed to start a blog for Caleb's website so here it is.
I'll start you back at the beginning of Caleb's life. He came into this world 12 days past the estimated due date on Sunday Dec 17 at 1:51am. We had an induction appointment set for 7pm that same day. That weekend we had a foot of snow forecasted so on Friday afternoon I went to find out who the neighbor used to plow her driveway and we called him, he was going to come Sunday morning ~8am because that's when he does our neighbors for her to make it to church. Well at 3am, while in bed I woke up to a weird feeling of my water breaking. Went to the bathroom and my suspicions were true, so I woke Mike up and we got the stuff in the car and called our moms so incase we slid off the road people would know where we were. There was maybe 6 inches some places at that time, but it had not started blowing. The roads were definitely snowy but not terrible. It only took us an extra 15 min to get there, probably since the only traffic we encountered was 2 plows an maybe 3 cars. Thank goodness I was not having any strong contractions so Mike did not feel so stressed.
So we get to the hospital. I walk myself in, Mike parks the car since he was in the way of the plows. They wheeled me up to Labor and Delivery and told me I passed the "Wheel Chair Test" (my pants were soaked). At that time I was the only person in L&D. I was not very dilated, but they still let me stay. We got settled and took a nap, watched tv, played online.
Some hours later the Dr came in. I was still not having strong contractions so the Doc suggested Pitocin so we did that. It definitely made them stronger. I was having some painful contractions so I got some pain medicine Nubain. Made me feel so drunk for the next 4 hours, no pain though, so we slept some more. When I was ready for more the devil nurse said I could not yet get an epidural (but my Doc said I could) so I only wanted half, but the Nubain did not work. So an hour of strong close contractions, not sure how ladies do it all natural...... definitely not for me!!!!! After the devil nurse came in and out a ton of times I finally got the epidural. It was so great. But then I got a "hot spot" which means one spot stops being numb. He tried turning it up. That didn't work, so I got some morphine and something else and I was golden. Though maybe a little high. I then felt like I needed to push, but devil nurse said no. Finally her nurse friend said yes. I pushed for 1 1/2 hours. Mike was great. He did the nurses job fabulously. He also watch my monitor for contractions because he could see them before I could feel them. Finally Caleb arrived. Mike cut the cord then took a crazy amount of pictures. I got tortured some more and was still feeling loopy. Caleb was breathing good but not screaming. They had to suction quite a bit too. He weighed 9lbs 12.5 oz. 21inches long.

We then moved to the postpartum room, had the best nurse ever named Megan. Mike changed all the hospital diapers and was fabulous to me. I did not leave that room until Wed afternoon. Mike stayed with me though he did leave the room some. My mom was the first visitor then our pastor then Uncle Chris and Aunt Anne came.

When it was time to leave it was scary that we had to take him home and I'll miss Megan. She was great!
1 comment:
Very nice...
Post a Comment