
So on Monday I return back to work. It does not seem like 6 weeks have gone by already. Caleb has changed so much already. He is awake more and is starting to smile when you talk to him. I love the little squeaking laughing noises he makes when he is sitting by himself. He can hold his head up and he is just becoming a little man. I definitely did not think he was going to change so fast. He is outgrowing his 0-3month clothes already.
I am proud to say that I have showered every day of my maternity leave :) I was told that I wouldn't get to. But Caleb loves to sit in the bathroom. I think the noise of the fan and the shower reminds him of being in my belly. I let him sleep or sit in the bathroom after I'm done as well. He will usually sit there for 30 min to an hour. Sometimes he falls sound asleep.
He has gotten on a great sleeping schedule. We lay him down at 10. He wakes up at 3 to eat and then at 5:30. I am definitely ok with only waking up once to feed him and 5:30 is perfect for getting up for work. It was a struggle at first to get him to sleep in his bed, and I just about gave in to letting him sleep in our bed, but he got so much better. He does sleep with one of Mike's dirty tee shirts in his bed though so there are smells of our bed in his.

Last week I was a total wreck thinking about returning to work. We went and hung out with Connie the babysitter for 2 hours last week. She has an at home daycare in which she has 5 children 6week - 18months. She does a great job and Mike's coworker took their first child there and their second is there currently. Caleb will be the smallest child there. And he looks so little. It makes me so sad that my little man will spend so much time with her. He is so little and should be home with me. I love my job and don't think I could stay at home forever with him, I just wish I could stay home a bit longer. We'll have to see what going back to work is like.
Since I have been home on leave though we have had to replace our roof and get our heater fixed. Both were pricey expenses. So I am not sure if those are just signs telling me I need to go back to work and everything will be ok. It does make you feel weird when you look at your budget and see what all you are spending money on. I will be grateful when my car gets paid of this spring, but that money will just go to daycare instead of my car so it isn't like it will be left over frivolous things like the new bedroom furniture I would like or for Mike to get his Nintendo Wii and sound system that he wants. Though he keeps trying to convince me that Caleb needs a Wii.
Things I have learned these past 6 weeks in no particular order
- A day with a Fussy baby is harder than any day at the office
- Breast feeding is harder than giving labor
- Breast feeding is the best weight loss plan ever. Eat like a cow and still loose 30lbs!
- We need to hurry up and enjoy hot meals because Caleb knows when we sit down to eat
- Mike is good at changing diapers and swaddling
- Children DO grow up way too fast and that scares me
- We use more baby wipes than I ever expected
- Soothie Pacifiers are awesome yet ugly
1 comment:
I'll be thinking and praying for you on Monday. Take lots of tissues to work. It doesn't help that your hormones are CRAZY. I tease Eric whenever I get the chance by using the "hormone" when I get emotional. I'm sure you this is hard for you to picture :-).
I love all the pictures! I'm dying to get over there to see him!!!! Stupid germs!
:-) Jean
Post a Comment