Saturday, April 19, 2008

Where were you when the Earthquake struck?

So as you might have previously read Friday's are my days off for awhile. I woke up at Caleb's normal breakfast time of 5am, fed him, laid him back in bed, then went to pump, which is my normal morning routine. During that time I normally check my email and see what new great words of wisdom or new mommy questions I can answer before work have been posted since I lasted checked http://boards.babycenter.com/ which is my biggest waste of time lately. Have I mentioned that I love Baby Center, anyways I digress. All of a sudden it sounded as if a very strong wind was coming at our house. My first thought living in the midwest was "oh no, there is a tornado, I better go get my family and retreat to the basement." My second thought was "hmm, can't be, there is no rain and the tornado sirens are not going off." Then everything was rattling in our living room and the floor felt as if it were slightly twisting under my feet. Then it was over. Since I was sitting at the computer on the internet I immediately went to official earthquake website, and nothing had been posted.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/Maps/US10/32.42.-95.-85.php

15 min later it was, I went to the "Did you feel it? Tell us." Link and I was the 234 person to post. 1 hour later ~2000 people had posted. And when I just looked 37223 had posted. It's a pretty cool website.

Right afterwards I went in to see if Mike had felt it and it had woken him back up and he first thought it was Buster or me bouncing back in bed. How rude! I might also add that I was not able to go back to sleep after the adrenaline rush. Which is fine, who needs sleep anyways. Oh and I still love Fridays.

No comments: