So this week I had a meeting with my peer mentor at work and we went to Don
Pablos for lunch. We were discussing my job and where I saw myself in 5 years because I am always asked and I was asking him for advice on how to plan my next 5 years. But lately all I can think about is how I want to be at home with Caleb and as I was telling him that and started crying. No one except Eric has seen my tears at work, on the first day back he was checking in with me to see how I was doing and I lost it. So at lunch he suggested that I call a friend of his who works in Peoria and talk to her about how she returned to work. So I called her and talked to her for almost an hour. It was so refreshing to talk to someone who knows where I am coming from and understands the pulling on my heart. Being so new to the working world and never working with a pregnant woman I did not know what was normal and what was expected. CAT allows us 80 unpaid days in the first year and she said it helped her to take a day or two off a week. I am going to start by taking on every Friday and see how that goes and see if that is enough to get me the best of both worlds.
Mike asked me what I would do on my day off and I told him I would hold and play with Caleb. And that is just what I did. I made a promise to myself that these Fridays are for Caleb and my family and not all about me. I did not turn on the TV until 2 when he was eating. I tried to stay off of the computer and I made Caleb center of my day. I did a little laundry, I picked up some things. I felt so refreshed. ts like he is growing up too fast there is no time for me to stop and catch up. So we will see how one day a week goes.

Here is an attempt at
photoshopping, anyone know how I can get rid of the glow around him? He was bummed today when I put on his Purdue outfit because they did not do well yesterday in basketball, but I told him it was
ok, we like there academics better. And not to worry football season was just around the corner ;)
1 comment:
He would happier in NOTRE DAME gear!!!
GO IRISH!
Post a Comment