Friday, September 19, 2008

What's new in month 9?


The window is one of his favorite hang outs. He enjoys beating on it and watching the birds, squirrels and Buster outside.

I heard the syllable "ma" yesterday for the first time. Now I have to get him to know that I am mom. He is crawling like a mad man. Most of the time if he takes off at a sprint he is heading for the dog water. It does not matter which room of the house he is in. Crazy kid. Today I was in the basement doing laundry and he was crawling fast just so I'd following him. It's so fun :) We are starting to get used to keeping things out of the way that he can't have. He is also getting pretty good at walking around furniture while holding on. He just started waving consistently this week. He enjoys clapping but has been doing that for probably a month now. He is a lover and is starting to give hugs and kisses. As long as he doesn't kiss those girls at daycare too much we'll be ok!

With Caleb's new mobility and neediness Buster has decided that he needs to be right there in the mix. Our dog use to want attention occasionally but normally would go off and nap on his own. Now he is all up in your face. He is starting to put up with Caleb more and enjoys licking his face. Caleb pinched him real good the other day and Buster let out a mean bark, but that was it. I was actually glad to see that he only barked loud. Caleb needs to learn how to treat Buster, and I was glad to see that Buster did not turn around and bite him.

We are also eating just about everything now. It seems as though Pizza is his favorite. The only thing we have found that he does not like is watermelon.


Here is our new toy with Grandma and Caleb testing it out.

And here are the deer seen from our front yard.

No comments: